sábado, 26 de marzo de 2011

SHAKESPEARE AND THE SONNET 29

When, in disgrace with Fortune and men's eyes,         Cuando sufro agravios de Fortuna,
I all alone beweep my outcast state,                            Lloro a solas mi suerte desdichada
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,         Y lanzo al cielo sordo gritos vanos
And look upon myself and curse my fate,                   Y maldigo, afligido, mi destino,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,                  Codiciando de éste la esperanza,
Featured like him, like him with friends possessed,     De aquél los amigos, el semblante,
Desiring this man's art and that man's scope,              Y de otros ya el talento o el ingenio,
With what I most enjoy contented least;                    Mal provisto de cuanto más valoro.
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising       Más sumido en tan negras reflexiones,
Haply I think on thee, and then my state,              De pronto pienso en ti, y entonces canto
Like to the lark at break of day arising                   (Cual alondra elevándose en la aurora)
From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate:       De la tierra sombría himnos al cielo.
For thy sweet love remembered such wealth brings  Con tu amor recordado soy tan rico
That then I scorn to change my state with kings.       Que las galas de un rey no envidiaría.


    Certainly, the sonnet 29 is one of the best poems Shakespeare has ever written. In this poem he doesn´t seem to like his fate because he is not like other rich and important men. He feels sad, annoyed and tired of life. However, when he thinks about the woman he is in love with, he forgets those problems and gets happier and more cheerful. In my opinion, Shakespeare is trying to explain that LOVE is more important than any other thing and I agree with him.

PILAR GARCÍA, 4ºB, IESO ALONSO QUIJADA (ESQUIVIAS)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario